Abbey Grange is a thriving, highly successful and over-subscribed 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. Our students come from allover the city to receive an education in which we all work together to challenge them academically, support them pastorally and help them develop socially and spiritually. Abbey Grange is part of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
Our goal is to become an outstanding Academy that delivers on our mission - In Partnership to 'Educate, Nurture and Empower' and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a 'good' school in February 2017 and we celebrated our GCSE results in 2018 with 79.3% of our students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated teacher to join our successful Science Department. The successful candidate will show a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to achieving the very best outcomes forour students.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to join a successful and CPD focused department where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged. Applications from NQTs will be welcomed.
As a Teacher we will nurture,challenge and support you throughout your career here at Abbey Grange.
You will be:
· A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of Science at KS3 and 4 and to teach a specialism at KS5 (Chemistry/Biology)
· A colleague looking to either start or further your career within a supportive team
· Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
· Inspirational to colleagues and students - sharing best practice
We can offer:
· An Academy and Science Department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey to becoming ‘outstanding’
· Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions, free car parking and personal iPad
· A Department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy positive and polite students and staff, then we want to hear from you.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Miss Fuller.
To apply please download recruitment pack and email completed application form to
Miss Fuller – Payroll& HR Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9.00am Wednesday 13 March with interviews scheduled to take place Tuesday 19 March.
Abbey Grange C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Abbey Multi Academy Trust
c/o Chapter House
Abbey Grange Church of England Academy
Registered Company Number: 07705552